[clug] un-long-listable directory

Michael.James at csiro.au Michael.James at csiro.au
Mon Jun 16 18:01:01 EST 2003

Anyone met this before?

I'm ripping and ogg encoding some CDs using Grip.

On one CD grip keeps segfaulting out,
 leaving me with a directory that I can't do a long listing of.

eg:
ls			is fine, no problem characters in the filenames
ls -l			is not, hangs forever
echo *		is fine

touch *		is fine but doesn't help
chown me:grp	is fine but doesn't help
chmod 644 *	is fine but doesn't help

By elimination I can find the problem file,
 I can cat it, but not cp it.
I can rm it, then the directory becomes listable.

I can continue the rip
 and meet the same problem with a later track.

Is this something terribly wrong with reiserfs
 or should just I not listen to Shakira?

TIA,
michaelj

Michael James				michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility	fax:		02 6246 5166