[clug] Re: SCO copyright registration

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Wed Jul 23 19:46:58 EST 2003

At 5:30 PM +1000 2003/07/23, James McNeill wrote:
>I personally wouldn't mind paying $6 for pizza again, and spending that
>excess cash that we had sitting round on as many blank CDs as possible. what
>are they ... 30c these days?
>
>I like this idea of giving out CDs. Generosity & community spirit is at the
>core of OSS.

I think knoppix is very impressive.  Most people don't realise that linux can do that.

btw look at this:

Australian Linux User Group Fights Back Against SCO

>Perhaps giving out CDs of Open Office, Mozilla etc. as well.
>
>Linux is finally moving out of the basement and onto the streets, but there
>are plenty of people out there who don't understand enough to know that this
>press release is rediculous.
>
>> I think there's plenty we could talk about during and after the pizza,
>> just on this topic alone.
>less talk. more soap.
>
>-James

Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)