[clug] +1 for Sam Varghese

Ambrose Andrews ambrosea at neurofractal.org
Thu Jul 17 14:13:17 EST 2003

hee hee

on a very tangentailly related subject...

i had the curious experience a few months ago of trying to read a report
of a commonwealth parliamentary commitee (pertaining to the merits of
banning organisations and locking people up without charge or trial
indefinitely, among other things).

It turned out the link on the main committee page to the report itself
went via their search engine (which is a little odd) and it further
turned out that that search engine has a browser check built into it
which rejected mozilla 1.0, rendering the report effectively
inaccessible.

the response to my mention of this went along the lines of "well, we
can't support *every* browser."

  -AA.

--
  Ambrose Andrews
  LPO Box A274 ANU Canberra ACT 2601 Australia