[clug] Samba/Win98 problem

Brendan Henderson at Keogh's brendan.henderson at augers.com.au
Wed Jul 16 15:30:56 EST 2003

Succesfully ?? setup my first samba server for a small Win98 network. One
small problem though:-

>From windows I can open a file in my home dir (an index.html for a small
webpage I am creating), alter it and when I save it it reports I do not have
access there, but saving again does so without the error. This happens every
time with this file. However, if I save it as index-temp.html I can make as
many changes and saves as I like with no error.

Any idea's appreciated on this annoying prob.

Brendan Henderson