[clug] rsync for beginners

Felix Karpfen felixk at webone.com.au
Tue Jul 15 17:14:11 EST 2003

I have recently discovered the services offered by PlanetMirror.  These
include downloads via rsync.

Before I can make use of this option, I need to know how to use rsync.
At present, all I been able to find is that RH 7.1 has installed
rsync-2.4.6 on my box together with indigestible man pages for rsync and
rsyncd.conf and little else in the way of documentation.

Given that rsync is a local product, I live in hope that there is an
"Rsync for Dummies" somewhere.

I have flagged "http://rsync.samba.org/" for download, but thought that
some CLUG members might have a few hints to help me find my way in a new
world.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen