[clug] issues with Galeon in unstable

Michael.James at csiro.au Michael.James at csiro.au
Thu Jul 10 13:13:44 EST 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 02:22 pm, Steven Hanley wrote:
> Is there another galeon like
> browser around yet (based on mozilla renderer) that has similar tabs layout
> but still has all its config options (there are quite a lot of other config
> options no longer in galeon I notice, but I was able to go without those)

I'd put in another plug for Firebird,

 just get the tarball, unzip it into /usr/local or /opt
 bang a link into /usr/local/bin and away you go.

Lots of nice features,
 smooth scrolling that is positively seductive,
 center clicking opens links in a tab in the background!

The preferences you can't set in Tools:Options
 you set by going to "about:config"

Things like having a home page
 but a new window opening on blank.

To get St George and Credit Union banking going
 just put a "libjavaplugin_oji.so" link into the plugins dir.
For St George you also need to go to
 Tools:Options:Web Features
 and allow stgeorge.com.au to send popups.

The digger extension gives some very nice extra functionality
 like being able to clear the location bar,
 move up directories, etc.
Have a look in the extension room

Enjoy, Like Damien Elmes said, "I haven't looked back".

Michael James				michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility	fax:		02 6246 5166