[clug] (SEC: UNCLASSIFIED) Linux booting - GRUB

Lisman, Jarrad FLGOFF Jarrad.Lisman at defence.gov.au
Thu Jul 10 11:27:56 EST 2003

Does anyone have any idea why this may be occuring.....

I am trying to boot into my RedHat 9.0 (hda) with a second IDE dirve with an
insall of RedHat 9.0 (hdc) as slave as I wish to copy stuff from the hdc
install to the hda install before wiping the hdc drive. Unfortunately when
selecting the RedHat boot in GRUB it seems to be getting confused and trying
to boot from the hdc drive instead of hda. I have tried to manually boot
GRUB with the following commands:

	- root=(hd0,1)						--- the boot
partition
	- kernel=/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda3				---
the root partition
	- initrd=/initrd.......
	- boot

But still to no avail... it really wants to boot off of the hdc install or
something as it will not boot and several things fail before locking up on
starting the "system logger"

Does anyone have any advice...?

Cheers

Jarrad