linux in australian government

Mark Purcell mark at purcell.homeip.net
Sat Jan 18 08:28:52 EST 2003

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 06:54:01AM +1100, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> > I wonder what the MS speaker's gonna say.
>
> Exactly.  The seminar is specifically about OSS, an field of expertise of
> which M$ are not, but they still manage to infiltrate one of their
> _international_ VPs.  I wonder what her award in telivison has got to do
> with OSS.

Saw an article in yesterday's SMH stating that M$ are going to let
governments have access to 95% of the source code in their products, in an
effort to stem the tide of places who are pickup up OSS like Germany, China,
Peru and everyone else who thinks there are US Government backdoors in the
M$ products.

I suppose she will make a big fanfare and tell the Australian government that
M$ can now be considered OSS for government use only...  Shudder..

Mark