OT - phone answering machine?

Robert Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Thu Feb 27 15:21:42 EST 2003

Sorry for this O.T. question, but I thought I'd quickly pop it in before CLUG
tonight.

I have a TransACT phone service, but TransACT, in their usual, highly
efficient way of getting on with the job (eg. TransCity!!!), don't have an
equivalent to Telstra's MessageBank, and Telstra won't provide it to a
TransACT phone service (not surprisingly!). And, of course, TransACT can't
tell me when they might be going to provide it!

So, I am wondering if anyone on this list might have an old phone answering
machine going spare that they might be willing to sell - and bring it along
to CLUG tonight?

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.