X11 proxy

Simon Burton simonb at webone.com.au
Wed Feb 26 09:19:13 EST 2003

Hi All,
I'm looking into proxying X11 traffic so
that I can redirect certain requests (to do with XInputExtension) to a dummy program
so that a certain (closed source) app can be run on some X terminals that don't implement
the XInputExtension. ie. said dummy program would send convincing replies but not
actually implement the extension. I'm ready to code this but thought i'd ask here first:
any X11 proxies that do this kind of thing? Is it reasonable to use the standard proxy techniques
(whatever they are i don't know yet) for this? Any code i should look at?

Thanks,
Simon.

--
Simon Burton, B.Sc.