apt proxy software

Mark Purcell mark at purcell.homeip.net
Mon Feb 24 07:30:50 EST 2003

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 11:42:41PM +1100, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> I was actually hoping to be able to install the apt proxy on a non-debian box
> (SME to be precise) if that is possible with any of them.

I actually just use a standard wwwcache, such as squid, and ensure that
the replace, refresh times are not too great that squid dumps the
Packages.gz/ *.debs before I get a chance to download on my second machine.

So I have the one gateway machine running squid and all my hosts on
the inside use it as their http_proxy.  Totally transparent and doesn't
rely on any special 'debian' software on the gateway..

Mark