integrated raid controllers

rob shugg rshugg at kinetitech.com.au
Fri Feb 21 08:56:33 EST 2003

So if I get one of these motherboards can I set up the integrated raid
controller as a standard UDMA controller so I can set up my software raid 5.

Also, if I wanted to use a 4 disk setup 3 active + one spare all as primary
IDE drives, would I loose anything by having a small slave IDE to boot the
system? I am just thinking(possibly naively) simplicity of setup while still
having good performance.

rob