integrated raid controllers

Simon Haddon simon at sibern.com.au
Thu Feb 20 17:29:04 EST 2003

I like the software RAID as I don't have to worry about matching hardisks
exactly if one fails and needs replacing.  I can decide the size of each
partition and have any spare hardisk space mounted as a non-raid
partition.  On the downside.  If I have to replace a harddisk then it is a
power down episode rather than a hotswap.

I would suspect that the hardware RAID is faster. Has anyone done
performance tests.

--
Simon Haddon
Phone: 02, 62864500