VRRP (bogus packet)problem help needed fast!!!!

Ravi Kiran b_ravi_kiran at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 16:56:10 EST 2003

Hello Gurus,

                 A while ago I inherited two redhat7.3 linux machines that were to be configured as High Availability web servers. I used VRRPv2(virtual routing redundancy protocol) to make them work like HA servers. Everything works fine but during the transition from the failed server to the other server, the server that is taking over displays 4 or 5 bogus pakets messages(even then!!! the live system properly get the packets). Why is it displaying this message?? I dont want to employ reverse path filtering to drop the packets.

      One important thing!! my web servers reboot alternately every 2 minutes to avoid intrusions (research project). Hence these bogus packets are seen every 2 minutes.

Anybody have any idea???

Thanks in advance

Ravi Kiran