server linux

Steven Hanley sjh at wibble.net
Wed Feb 5 16:59:20 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 04:21:57PM +1100, Michael Still wrote:
> How brave is running unstable? Will it eat my data?
>
> How do I upgrade from woody to unstable using apt?

for stuff that is not dependant on much other stuff (I have done this in the
past with potato to get modutils and other stuff from newer debian releases)
you can add an apt sources line to sources.list and apt-get source
packagename and then build the package with debuild (well it can in fact all
be done by apt but I like using seperate steps).

You then get a modwhatever compiled and working on woody (if it does not
have heinous dependancies)

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://svana.org/sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view