Open Source financial systems

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sun Feb 2 12:51:42 EST 2003

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 12:19 pm, Daniel McNamara wrote:
> Mainly becuase multiple people will be working the accounts.

I fail to see how the front end (Web-based, X-app run remotely but displayed
locally or X-app run locally) makes any difference to whether the application
can deal with multiple concurrent users.

> They think
> it would be easier to have an intranet systems they can run through
> their browsers rather than being tied to an application.

Just because the application has a web-based front end hardly makes it less
tied to an application.

Are the users on Linux, Windows or Mac, or a mixture?  Web-based makes sense
if you want a non-platform specific frontend, although with recent
improvements in the cygwin-xfree Xserver, X is fairly non-platform specific
nowdays.

--
Rasjid Wilcox
Canberra, Australia (UTC +10 hrs)