Gentoo anyone?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sat Feb 1 08:11:54 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Joshua McKinney wrote:

> Michael, you probably should try the rc's for gentoo 1.4, as
> much as upgrading gcc from 2.95 to 3.x looks like it will be
> made easy, I'd prefer to just not have to change when 1.4 comes
> out.

Argh! I've just spent literally a day going from Stage 1 in 1.2 land to
the end of Stage 3. None of that was opimized, because in 1.2 you have to
run a recovery portage which doesn't do that.

So the whole thing is out the window, because none of it is optimized.

Where can I download _just_ the stage 3 optimized tarball (for 1.4?), not
the half gig CD?

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | Stage 1: Steal underpants