[clug] Recommendations for a DSL link

Steve Jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Tue Dec 9 12:21:01 GMT 2003

My nephew in Sydney got onto Swiftel http://www.swiftdsl.com.au/.

Works very well for him.  Static IP's - even on Residential plan.
Only problems have ever been with Telstra & DSLAM.  Swiftel use as
little of Telstra infrastructure as they can..

Good rates [$6/Gb?] too.

Have MRTG on-line for you to look at.

>From http://www.swiftdsl.com.au/residential/adsl-plans-prices.htm
Name | Region 1 Monthly Access | Region 2 Monthly Access  | Included
Downloads | Excess Downloads Per MByte | Upload Rate Per Mbyte | ADSL
Line Activation  Charge* | Initial Contract Period | IP Address Type

10: 512/512/6GB $100.00 $110.00 6 gbytes $0.006 Free $140.00 3 Months
Fixed
11: 512/512/12GB $130.00 $140.00 12 gbytes $0.006 Free $140.00 3 Months
Fixed

HTH
sj

--