[clug] routing advice needed

Tomasz Ciolek tmc at dreamcraft.com.au
Wed Dec 3 09:43:16 GMT 2003

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 08:34:59PM +1100, Kim Holburn wrote:
> At 8:25 PM +1100 2003/12/03, Michael Manning wrote:

> All the IPs here are "real".  I want one internal subnet to connect
> to the remote subnet through the VPN as a peer and the other to see
> the remote subnet from the outside.  It's not that unusual is it?

But why? It IS a *very* unusual type of a thing to do...

By doing that you effectively circumvented the VPN and any security its
supposed to supply... Not to mention the fact that you can create
routing nightmare that will be VERY HARD to debug when things go
wrong...

Tomasz

--
Tomasz M. Ciolek
  email:  tmc at dreamcraft dot com dot au