[clug] RE: CLUG parking fine

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Fri Aug 29 13:34:48 EST 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 01:25:09PM +1000, Rose, Robert wrote:
> Um, why should I have to go out of my way to go to the ANU during work hours
> and queue up to get a sticky label for both my cars for the one night a month
> that I may need it?

> Too late my friends, I'll not be attending any more meetings while they're held
> at the ANU thankyouverymuch.

Your choice.

However i think there may be misunderstanding here, the carparks that have
always been usable for clug are still free after hours. These are the car
parks all ANU Staff and students use with their parking permit during the
day, after 5pm all these parking areas are free and available for use by
anyone.

This is the gravel parking up past engineering near the hancock library, the
gravel parking on the other side of RS Chem, the new parking area next to
the sports hall extension is mostly of the free variety.

The parks that people are getting booked in are the CSIRO and other reserved
parks such as those in the car park 20 metres from CSITN101 and most of the
parks immediately infront of CSIT.

Officially these have never been available, it is just they only recently
started cracking down on them.

I notice long time cluggers (Tridge, SFR, Grant M, etc) all park in the
gravel carparks anyway and always have AFAIK.

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://svana.org/sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view