[clug] RE: CLUG parking fine

Rose, Robert Robert.Rose at team.telstra.com
Fri Aug 29 13:25:09 EST 2003

> At roughly 9pm I got a parking fine for being in a reserved zone. The
> fine is $60. The park was deserted when I arrived at 7:30pm and it was
> even more deserted after CLUG so I expect that we were the only people
> around.

In that case, I'm actually glad I missed going last night!

> Since the University requires parking labels, and hosts this frequent
> event, it may be possible to obtain a parking label for the required time.

Um, why should I have to go out of my way to go to the ANU during work hours
and queue up to get a sticky label for both my cars for the one night a month
that I may need it?

> It's probably worth investigating, because it would be a shame for such a
> prestigious academic institution to get a reputation of being a bad venue
> due to the nature of something simple like parking availability, particularly
> during non-peak periods when ampleparking spaces are usually available.

Too late my friends, I'll not be attending any more meetings while they're held
at the ANU thankyouverymuch.

Robert Rose
Telstra InterNetworking Solutions
INS Firewall Team (Canberra)