[clug] OT: Webone

Paul Alexander Warren u3292467 at anu.edu.au
Tue Aug 19 10:40:04 EST 2003

Brett Worth wrote:
> Is anyone else worried about Webone at the moment?
>
> I think yesterday was the first day of something significant in their
> assimilation with iinet.
>
> Their proxy is no longer accepting connections from transact and there's no
> way of contacting them.  No phones are being answered and all you get is a
> message asking for your name and phone number for a return call that
> doesn't happen.
>
> I fear something is very wrong out there...

I'm on a dialup with webone, and we've had some issues, download rates
dropping to 500 bps or less, normally get about 3.7 Kbps.  Everything
still seems to work tho, just slow.  Was fixed for a few hours last
night.  If it doesn't get better, I'll call tech support and see what's
going on.

Cheers

--
Paul Warren
u3292467 at student dot anu dot edu dot au