[clug] Lint for Linux

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Sat Aug 16 23:04:47 EST 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 07:53:46PM +1000, Michael Still wrote:

> Dudes (and possibly people who would prefer to be called dudettes),
>
> I'm reading the O'Reilly lint book, and this has made me desire to use a
> lint. Apart from warnings from gcc, and splint, is there a freely
> available lint?

lclint is one of the more interesting ones - it does some funky
dataflow analysis stuff to pick up much more than an ordinary lint.
However, squashing the false positives can be hard work.

It used to be non-free, but I believe the license has now changed -
although I'm not sure the change has flowed through to debian moving
the package out of the non-free section yet.

http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson