[clug] How is CIFS pronounced?

Owen Cameron nemo at cheeky.house.cx
Thu Aug 14 16:24:42 EST 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 04:12:51PM +1000, Kim Holburn did utter:

> Huh?  News to me.  I have always pronounced this with a hard "g" and anyone I have ever talked to the same.

You missed the pronunciation-of-gif webgeek debates of the mid-90's?!

http://www.google.com/search?q=pronunciation+gif

Result one says 'jif'. Result two says "gif".
Result one has the advantage of quoting somewhat 'official' sources.

I'm with you though - I pronounce it with a hard G.  :)

.../Nemo