[clug] Mirrors for Mandrake

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 6 12:16:41 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 10:32, Mark Harrison wrote:
> Are you using mirror.anu.edu.au?

Didn't know about it. Connection refused.

> I had a look around tux.anu.edu.au and could not see debian, only some X
> debs. Getting debian from campus would be very nice too. Would there be
> enough people around campus to justify setting up a partial mirror of
> mirror.arrnet.edu.au (for ANU only access I guess)? I have no idea how

you mean mirror.aarnet.edu.au ;)

I hadn't been there before, happy to know about it. The Mandrake page
should list this mirror, unless it's not public. Hmmm.. Knoppix 3.2...

AARNet is cheaper from a University than non-AARNet, but it's not free
as in beer. Whereas mirroring it on campus would be free except for the
effort required of doing it.

> to go about doing that. I am sure hardware could be scraped together,
> but where to get it on the network? So, do any ANU people know about
> such things?

I'm talking to people about getting a mirror over here at Laser Physics.
Probably won't be public though, maybe campus-wide since that doesn't
cost us any bandwidth.

> Mark.

Darren