[clug] ADSL Routers

Alastair D'Silva deece at newmillennium.net.au
Fri Apr 25 00:36:36 EST 2003

I've got a spare Alcatel Speed Touch Home you can have for $100 if you like.
Its an Ethernet/ATM -> ADSL job, and I've converted to a Speed Touch Pro
(its just a config variable). Once converted, you can do PPP & NAT on the
ADSL modem itself, freeing your machine for other things.

I'm using it at the moment, and it seems quite stable (I've also got one
feeding my secondary mail & DNS server in Perth).