[clug] xmms or other music player within linux

Grant Morphett grant at gmorph.com
Wed Apr 16 15:33:59 EST 2003

I currently use xmms to listen to music on linux as I'm sure a lot of you do.
Couple of features it doesn't have though are

1. Tree view - I would like to be able to group songs so it looks like
	Artist
		Album
			Song 1
			Song 2
etc.  Perhaps with expandable/collapse functionality so I can scroll quickly thru
the Artist list without having to scroll through the huge list of songs.

2. Search - I want to be able to search for a song based on anything.  Artist,
title, album etc.

So,

1. is there a better music player that I just can't find?
2. are these features available within xmms and I just need the right
preferences or plugin setup?
3. Do I need to write some code to get these features?

ta

Grant