[clug] Network Simulator Software

Aaron Smith Aaron.Smith at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 16 10:53:00 EST 2003

Can anyone recommend some good network simulator software?

I need to change network latency and bandwidth for testing of network
software. e.g. Simulate a fat pipe to the other side of the planet or a
thin pipe to the other side of the building.

I was about to use The REAL Network Simulator on a linux based router
(http://minnie.tuhs.org/REAL/) to customise network performance between
two local networks but thought someone might be able to suggest a better
tool.

The need features:
- ability to configure network latency
- ability to configure network bandwidth
- easy to configure and reconfigure (technical people other than me will
me to use is in the future).

Thanks,

Aaron