[clug] Old stripe not starting on RH9.0

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com
Mon Apr 14 09:00:57 EST 2003

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> As for the partition types, they're only relevent if you want them auto
> started on boot before the root partition is mounted. If you're not doing
> that, don't worry.

I tried changing the partition types to 0xfd but it didn't help.  Another
strange thing is that there's an md1 device that I'm not using anymore.  I
do a raidstop on it and it vanishes from the mdstat.  A reboot brings it
back even though its not in raidtab!  So how does it know about it?  Its
like there's something written in the actual partition.

> Maybe you need to stop all the devices and start them again?

Its a bit difficult but I could bring it to single user mode sometime and
stop/start md2.  md1 is my root partition though.  A reboot certainly makes
no difference.

--
Brett