[clug] Looking for a PAM guru

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Fri Apr 11 22:21:41 EST 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 09:06:59PM +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> Ok, I have a file full of username:crypt(password). But I see no way for
> PAM to read from random files like that.

there is a pam module in the more recent pam versions that does plain file
lookup of that sort of file for username password, I would have to STFW to
remember the name though something like pam_textfile

> > Check out the Cyrus POP/IMAP server. It delivers all mail as one user.
> > Users wishing only mail access don't need to be UNIX users.
>
> That's looks more like what I want. I'm not exactly wedded to qpopper.

Or use one of the other mail servers available that is not tied to broken
things like cyrus. (I am biased against cyrus, if you want IMAP use courier,
if you want other services there are other daemons tha tdo all forms of
lookup and such without modification of code)

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://svana.org/sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view