[clug] Help Needed - peercast relays and local music

John Griffiths johnboy at the-riotact.com
Thu Apr 10 14:25:03 EST 2003

G'day guys.

I'm looking to start up a peercast stream (http://www.peercast.org) of
local original music (with the permission of the copyright holders) in
the next few months.

 - For those who haven't had the pleasure, local music is actually very
good, it just can't get exposure.

It's planned to be an unbranded, non-commercial, unencumbered, stream
that anyone can use.

I'm mailling the list because the stream will be much more reliable if I
can get together a good bunch of relays.

The plan is to broadcast from a TransACT/Webone box, so other users on
the network shouldn't get hit to much for the incoming traffic on their
accounts.

Down the line I'm hoping that "fringe broadcasters" (2ppp, artsound, 2xx
etc) will pick up the stream (offered for free) to fill their
programming blackspots.

All offers of relays will also be gratefully accepted.

What I'm after right now is expressions of interest from anyone willing
to host a relay for a 30Kbs Ogg stream.

If you think you'd like to help then mail me and let me know.

Thanks for you time.

John Griffiths.

- --

"I live in the Managerial Age, in a world of "Admin." The
greatest evil is not now done in those sordid "dens of
crime" that Dickens loved to paint. It is not done even in
concentration camps and labour camps. In those we see its
final result. But it is conceived and ordered (moved,
seconded, carried, and minuted) in clean, carpeted, warmed
and well-lighted offices, by quiet men with white collars
and cut fingernails and smooth-shaven cheeks who do not need
to raise their voices. Hence, naturally enough, my symbol
for Hell is something like the bureaucracy of a police state
or the office of a thoroughly nasty business concern."

- - C. S. Lewis

John "Johnboy" Griffiths - RiotACT Editor

http://the-riotact.com
Ph: 0412 690 643
ICQ UIN: 7933859
email: johnboy at the-riotact.com