[clug] i cant pay my transact invoice

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Sat Apr 5 20:42:54 EST 2003

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 07:02:39PM +1000, Jim Watson wrote:
> last month suddenly the transact pdf invoice arrives as a text string and it
> happened again this month. if i ask nicely they email it to me again and it
> is OK.
>
> at the start of the email this is inserted
>
> "This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
> this format, some or all of this message may not be legible."
>
> google tells me this may be done by a virus scanner.
>
> before i start yelling i would like to know is it happening at transact, at
> webone, or soemthing is wrong at my end? I am using linux sparc debian
> testing kmail 1.3.2 kde 2.2.2, transact and webone. i get other emails with
> pdf OK.
>
> so my question is: does anyone else see this happening?

Seems odd. I cut and paste your snippet below, stuck some headers on the
front and added:

and loaded it into mutt. Mutt decoded the attachment as:

%PDF-1.2
%<C7><EC><8F><A2>
6 0 obj
<</Length 7 0 R/Filter /FlateDecod

Looks like PDF to me. Is the content-type set correctly?

--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/