Routing question

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Sep 9 15:09:06 EST 2002

Hey,

I have a network config which looks like:

  (Network x.y.z.*)

  ----------------
  ----------------

  ----------------
  |    a.b.c.d   |   Server end
  ----------------

  (Network 172.31.0.*)

So, the box x.y.z.6 connects to a.b.c.d with ssh, and then tunnels ppp
through it. This has worked fine for some time. For instance, I can telnet
to 172.31.0.201 from x.y.z.6, and it just works.

Now, I want to be able to get to random hosts in x.y.z.* from the
172.31.0.* network.

To my understanding, I can't just go
  route add -net x.y.z.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev ppp0

Because this means that ssh can no longer talk to x.y.z.6 to get the
traffic across.

My host specific routes don't seem to work. Can I have a hint please?

Thanks,
Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)     UMT+10hrs