Xine unable to see win32 directory?

Pearl Louis pearl.louis at anu.edu.au
Sun Oct 27 23:27:56 EST 2002

Hi

I seem to be having a bit of trouble with xine.  I can't seem to be able to
get it to play 'DivX audio (WMA)'.  I had a bit of a read on the xine
homepage and it said to get the 'divx32.acm' file and put it in
/usr/lib/win32 which I have done.  And yet it consistently keeps on telling
me it can't find the appropriate audio decoder.  I even put the line in
~/.xine/config telling it explicity to look at that directory (even though it
is supposed to do so by default):

codec.win32_path:/usr/lib/win32

but alas, to no avail.  I am running 0.9.13 but I remember trouble of this
sort for many of the previous versions.

So does anyone know what the problem might be?  Could it simply be that the
xine FAQ is out of date (well it does mention that the above line is supposed
to be in ~/.xine/config and it hasn't been for the last few versions...) and
I need to grab a different file from my Windows partition (which has up to
DivX 5 installed on it BTW)?

Thanks very much
Pearl