Xine unable to see win32 directory?

Damien Elmes clug at repose.cx
Sun Oct 27 23:52:35 EST 2002

Pearl Louis <pearl.louis at anu.edu.au> writes:

> Hi
>
> I seem to be having a bit of trouble with xine.  I can't seem to be able to
> get it to play 'DivX audio (WMA)'.  I had a bit of a read on the xine
> homepage and it said to get the 'divx32.acm' file and put it in
> /usr/lib/win32 which I have done.  And yet it consistently keeps on telling
> me it can't find the appropriate audio decoder.  I even put the line in
> ~/.xine/config telling it explicity to look at that directory (even though it
> is supposed to do so by default):
>
> codec.win32_path:/usr/lib/win32

It's complaining about an audio decoder? I think divxs tends to use mp3 for
the audio. You're better off grabbing the full set of codecs. It's about 1.5MB
and will allow you to play other file types as well.

Having said that, I recommend mplayer! Its GUI isn't as friendly, but its
support for the various video formats tends to be ahead of xine, and it can
even play realplayer files / streams (and can even rebuild the index so you
can seek a broken file, unlike real.com's product). There is a place you can
get debian packages for it too.

Cheers,

--
Damien Elmes