cisco 827h OT

Dale Shaw DShaw at exceed.com.au
Tue Oct 22 09:46:23 EST 2002

Leigh,

This gets a lot easier with a config, but I realise it's not available
to you right now..

You need to be in 'interface mode' to enter 'no ip nat inside', but
that's only useful if there's already an 'ip nat inside' command on the
interface. NAT is not enabled by default, but it depends how the router
was originally configured (i.e. by hand, ConfigMaker, some other tool).

If 'ip nat inside' appears somewhere under 'interface Ethernet0' when
you view your config, you can type:

router#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
router(config)#int ethernet 0
router(config-if)#no ip nat inside
router(config-if)#^Z
router#

'route add' (i.e. static routing) is done with 'ip route' commands in
config mode ("conf t"). Eg:

router#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
router(config)#ip route 172.30.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.1.2
router(config)#^Z
router#

You can view the routing table with "sh ip ro". You don't need to add
static routes for directly connected networks. In other words, I'm sure
if you look at the output from "sh ip ro" you will see a route for
203.46.?.?/28 with a "C" on the left-hand side (meaning "connected").

Cheers,
Dale