Advice Sought: Canberra ISP's

John Bell jbelllinux at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 12:20:24 EST 2002

I've recently moved to Canberra after being overseas
for many years with a short intervening stay in Perth.
 Thus I'm not really up on the state of the local
market.  I want to find an ISP for connecting up my
Linux host.  BigPond here claims not to support Linux!
 Whether this is because of some proprietary
connection protocol or simply ignorance on the part of
their technical staff I don't know.  I move about
2Gb/month on average and was able to get a good ISP
for $110/3 months in Perth (Iinet) who didn't charge
any volume surplus.  Unfortunately they don't operate
here.  Can anyone suggest a reliable service that has
a competitive cost profilel.  I just want a normal
modem connection, nothing snazzy as I'm not sure how
long I'll be here.

John