APM (suspend and standby) not working on ACER Aspire 1203 XV

Malte Stien Malte.Stien at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 2 11:50:25 EST 2002

Hi,

I have an ACER Aspire 1203 XV notebook and I would like to make the
suspend mode and the standby mode (APM) working unter RedHat 7.3 (Kernel
2.4.18). Has anyone any experience in doing that?

When I enable the suspend mode with KAPM (by right-clicking on the battery
icon of the panel of KDE) the screen turns black but that is the only things
that happens. The system keeps completely awake, e.g. the disc doesn't spin
down etc.

Thank you
Malte