Inaugural CAUUG Technical Symposium

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Wed Nov 20 13:08:15 EST 2002

The Inaugural Canberra Chapter of the AUUG Technical Symposium will be held
Saturday 30th November (10 days away!) at the CSIT Building at ANU from 1:30pm
until 6:00pm - then off to a yet to be decided eatery for dinner and drinks
etc. It will be held in N101 (where CLUG and the ACS meet each month).

Keynote speaker is Dr. Andrew Tridgell, head of the Samba team. Other speakers
include Michael Still, Andrew Bartlett and myself (several others to be
confirmed). The main theme is "Interoperability" (not very original - I know).

Cost is: $0 for student members of AUUG, $10 for other students, unemployed
etc., $10 for AUUG members and $20 for everyone else. This includes
refreshments etc. for afternoon tea and not much else.

There will be at least one award given at this Technical Symposium.

My apologies if this is the first you have heard about this event. We are
trying to re-establish the Canberra Chapter of AUUG, in light of the
tremendous success of the main AUUG conference in Melbourne several months
ago. We know there are a number of active AUUG members in Canberra, and this
is our opportunity to meet together and get technical. We hope to have these
half day Technical Symposia every 3 months, depending upon interest.

Please let all your friends and colleagues know about this event.

See you there,

Bob Edwards - interim member of CAUUG committee.