Project management

Terence tk.lists at fastmail.fm
Fri Nov 15 18:31:17 EST 2002

Sam Couter wrote:

>Avoid "literate" programming. It wants to generate the code from the
>documentation instead of the other way around.

On the topic, here is a cheap light-weight tool called slime which
prides itself on being built from the ground up with legacy classes in mind.
http://www.mvmsoft.de/content/plugins/slime/slime.htm

I've just downloaded it so I'm yet to find out how goods it is in
reality. It's not a literate tool but it does real-time updating both
ways - you can even split your screen between code and diagram and watch
the changes - see the last screenshot at
http://www.mvmsoft.de/content/plugins/slime/pictures.htm

BTW. Eclipse is an excellent open-source IDE for linux - particularly if
you're coding Java. Slime is an eclipse pluin that costs 30 euros to
register.
if you *are* looking for a literate? tool, there's also an eclipse
plugin for that which is free.
http://metacoder.info/