[OT] emacs debian setup question

Rob Weir rweir at softhome.net
Sun Nov 10 14:39:19 EST 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 06:31:27PM +1100, Andreas Bauer wrote:
>   emacs*font:fixed

I've become quite partial to the 'terminus' font for my Emacs use.  It's
nice looking and differentiates confusing characters ('1' and 'l', 'O'
and '0', etc) quite well.  The only problem is it's a bit big (and
non-scalable), but it's still worth it for me.  Available in the
'xfonts-terminus' package from your friendly Debian mirror.

> (Whether font locking is enabled or disabled is then a matter of your
> preferences file, but at least the fonts should be consistent.)

Add these to your ~/.emacs for eye candy goodness:
;;enable font-lock by default in all supporting modes
(global-font-lock-mode t)
(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)

-rob