[OT] emacs debian setup question

Andreas Bauer baueran at in.tum.de
Wed Nov 6 18:31:27 EST 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 02:59:04PM +1100, Rob Shugg wrote:
> After a fair bit of fiddling around I have my emacs colours working on a
> newish debian install. The problem is when I try to open a file in a new
> frame with ^x 5f the new frame has the wrong default typface so I get ugly
> blocks through my non syntax highlighted code. How do I make the child window
> keep the properties of the parent?

Define them globally, e.g. in the $HOME/.Xresources file add:

  emacs*font:fixed

(Whether font locking is enabled or disabled is then a matter of your
preferences file, but at least the fonts should be consistent.)

HTH,
Andi.

--
(o_  Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de, http://home.in.tum.de/baueran/
//\  "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is