DocBook translation [was Surviving in a DOC infested world]

Simon Fowler simon at himi.org
Wed Nov 6 12:54:16 EST 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 12:37:14PM +1100, Michael Still wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Simon Fowler wrote:
>
> > Speaking of Docbook, that'd be a nice topic for a talk at CLUG . . .
> > I for one would love to see a simple introduction to it, since I've
> > never quite gotten around to reading through the docs it comes with.
>
> I wrote a 300 page book in docbook, and all the reports I write now are
> docbooked, so I would be happy to give such a talk. Then again, don't we
> already have two talked lined up for this month?
>
>  - Brad's kernel godlikeness
>  - Martin's (I think it was him) discussion of formal proof of correctness
>
> And, of course, us all agreeing to send someone to Perth.
>
> How many talks are too many? Can we eat pizza and have a talk at the same
> time perhaps?

Depends how long the talks are, and how long it takes for the pizza
to turn up . . . If we put some vague time limit on talks (ie, aim
for thirty minutes or so), we'd be able to fit three in, I'd say . .
.

Experimentation is in order, most likely.

Simon

--
PGP public key Id 0x144A991C, or http://himi.org/stuff/himi.asc
(crappy) Homepage: http://himi.org