Next meeting

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Nov 4 07:40:25 EST 2002

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Jepri wrote:

> On 2002.11.03 20:55 Michael Still wrote:
>
> > Don't get me wrong by the way, I'm not thinking of something like
> > "Isn't
> > the new qconf great?" I was thinking more along the lines of "How to
> > port
> > linux to your architecture", "How to write a module / driver" kind of
> > stuff.
>
> Sounds interesting but intimidating.

I'm not sure that is amazingly true. I guess what I was getting at is that
at ANU students of IT get lectured on the inner workings on the Linux
kernel. At UC they don't. Therefore, there must be a whole bunch of
prepared talks floating around just waiting to be given.

Things are only as intimidating as people let them be -- in a lecture it
is harder cause you look like a dork if you ask questions. At CLUG,
questions are just assumed.

Anyway, what do other people think about all this?

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)     UTC +10 hours