mystified by mailto address

Bill Clarke llib at computer.org
Fri Nov 1 11:00:41 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 10:48, Simon Burton wrote:
> Hi all,
> Been trying to contact this guy:
> mailto:overcode+sdlgc at overcode.net
> and have tried all kinds of combinations.
> Is the '+' just a space? I don't think sylpheed
> is handling the space (just dropping the first word).
> Any ideas? He has other mailto addresses but
> they all do this '+' thing:
> http://isengard.overcode.net/~overcode/

name+something at somewhere is sent to name at somewhere.  if your mailer is
not accepting it then it's broken; lots of web-based mailers and forms
won't accept name+something at somewhere which is really annoying since you
can use the +something as a filter.

cheers,
/lib
--
/lib: Bill Clarke  ResearchScientist CAPResearch DeptCompSci ANU .au
http://llib.cjb.net llib at computer.org  tel:+61-2-6125x5687 fax:x0010