shadowing video

James McNeill james at heague.com.au
Fri Nov 1 09:16:12 EST 2002

Do forgive my ignorance, but I thought that shadowing was puerly to try
and improve performance. My understanding was that the BIOS bus was sub
standard so by copying BIOS functions into RAM it could be accessed faster.

I've never looked into it more than that. Can anyone explain the
technics behind why it's bad to shadow?

-James

--
======
This signature was stolen from the 'self referencing statments' department