Problem loading scsi driver

Grant Morphett grant at gmorph.com
Wed May 15 11:06:02 EST 2002

There was a dodgy unsupported patch for the 315 in the 2.2 series but I have seen
nothing for the 2.4 series - and I looked reasonably hard about 3 months ago.
Mine sits in the cupboard.  Buy a new one.  The 395 driver doesn't support the
315 - completely different chipset.

cheers

On Tue, 14 May 2002 22:21:25 +1000 Neil Muller scribbled:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I've got a problem with a Tekram DC-315U scsi card driver I'm trying to
>get RH7.2 to load. Because it was a new RH7.2 install I used the 'linux
>dd' option at the start of the install to load the drivers, however when
>I check the logs it says insmod is unable to load the driver. All I get
>is ....
>
>insmod: /lib/modules/.../drivers/scsi/dc395x_trm.o: insmod
>scsi_hostadapter failed
>
>.... in the logs.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
>
>Neil

Grant Morphett
GMORPH CONSULTANTS Pty Ltd - Solutions Outside the Square
tel : +61 (0) 421 325348
fax : +1 309 4164790