weird timing for emails

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 20 18:46:54 EST 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:39 pm, Richard Cottrill wrote:
> I've been getting strange emails out of sync (like the first message in a
> thread appearing 10 minutes after I've finished downloading the first one).
> I suspected that it was just TPG running a dodgy email server (perish the
> thought), but Rasjid alluded to email time problems and now this problem
> has occurred in two threads and not on any other list I get through this
> account.
>
> Weird. Anyone else seeing this sort of thing?
>
> Richard

The time problem on my email was my end, but I have also been getting mails
out of sync, and my mail does not go via TPG.  Currently WebOne is my ISP,
and my mail goes via BigPond.

There are other lists I'm on where my posts turn up almost instantly, but
with CLUG it can sometimes be quite a while later (over half and hour).  I've
never really worried about it.  But if this happens with everyone, then
perhaps someone should bring it up with Tim Potter.

Rasjid.