Colour maps

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Wed Mar 20 10:33:32 EST 2002

While we are on the subject, I have been trying to
get a Solaris app displaying on Xfree86 and while
it works on both Linux and Windows 2000, colours
are not always displayed correctly. (white seems
to show as blue)

I *think* it's because the app is expecting a 24 bpp
display[1] (Aka S24 framebuffer), but the Linux boxen
do not have a 24 bpp screen entry and CygWin won't
do 24 bpp for me either.

Ideas?

Antti
[1] I need to set CANVASDEPTH=24 before running it.