Suggestions on Distributions

nelson nelson at magna.com.au
Tue Mar 19 04:33:11 EST 2002

try running a less resource intensive window manager....
as an example.  if i run fvwm i get pretty good damn performance
but if i switch to the fancier gnome/kde it's pretty sad - well
not that sad (running on a dual ppro 200 with 256M ram) but it's
slower.  the same test on my old p75 really shows the difference
more clearly.
nelson